Trusted Legal Counsel For Divorce And All Family Law Matters
If you face divorce and the difficult decisions that come with it or if you have a separate family law matter, it is critical to work with an attorney who you trust will protect your best interests. Lucas & Davis, P.A., in Kenly, has been helping individuals throughout Wilson County, Johnston County and Wayne County resolve family law matters for more than three decades. From the moment you step into our Kenly law offices, you will work directly with one of our attorneys to come up with a plan tailored to your needs. Whether you want to come up with a fair divorce settlement or plan, we will help you understand your options and protect your rights.
- Divorce: We understand what a difficult time this can be for my clients. It is my job to help you focus on your long-term future, while coming up with a fair divorce settlement involving the division or marital property and debts.
- Child custody: North Carolina has a new and effective child custody mediation program. We will help you through the process and make sure you focus on the needs of your children.
- Child and spousal support: It is important to consider both child support and spousal maintenance in your divorce settlement. In North Carolina, spousal support is now need-based.
- Post-decree modifications: Life changes can require petitioning the court for modifications to existing orders such as child support, a parenting plan or spousal support. We help clients petition for or defend against requests to modify existing orders.
- Relocation: A parent who has primary physical custody may wish to move far enough away that it will interfere with the noncustodial parent’s time with the child. We help clients petition for the right to move with a child, as well as defend against a petition to move with a child.
Ready To Help You Navigate Your Family Law Matter
With more than three decades of helping families in Eastern North Carolina, we can help you find solutions to your family law concerns. Our Kenly offices are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 919-371-4325 or use our online contact form to schedule a free initial consultation.