A Divorce Attorney Standing By Your Side
When you got married, you expected the union would last until either you or your spouse dies. But, sometimes, matters that are out of your control can lead to separation and a divorce. Sadness, anger, bitterness and difficulty eventually give way to acceptance. Your divorce is going to happen, and you need an experienced attorney who will fight for your rights.
For more than 40 years, Lucas & Davis, P.A., in Kenly, North Carolina, has guided and advocated for clients throughout the eastern part of our state. We are a small-town law firm that provides personal and effective service for our clients as we protect their interests and pursue a fair divorce settlement.
Skilled Negotiators And Experienced Litigators
When you work with our attorneys, you receive one-on-one attention. We know the workings of the local courthouse as well as the opposing attorneys and judges. We will negotiate on your behalf, and, if we must, are prepared to take your case to trial.
In divorce cases, we have thorough knowledge in the following areas:
- Child custody: Determining the best interests of the child and whether one parent gets primary custody or if co-parenting is an option.
- Child support: A crucial financial element in divorce cases when children are involved.
- Spousal support/alimony: This may occur in high-asset divorce cases or if one spouse may not have worked and needs funds to pay for employment-related training or education.
- Division of assets: Including property, investments, retirement funds, bank accounts as well as division of debts.
- Business separation: If you co-owned a business, we seek a fair resolution and determine whether to sell the company.
- Post-divorce modifications: Altering the agreement when a spouse has earned a significant raise, becomes unemployed or has remarried, or when your child’s needs change.
We know this may be a difficult time for you, but you have our assurance that we will work to the best of our abilities.
Contact A Knowledgeable Lawyer
A divorce can be painful or even a relief. Regardless, if you are separated from your spouse, you need a skilled family law attorney who has a keen understanding of divorce issues. Lucas & Davis, P.A., in Kenly, North Carolina, has guided clients throughout Johnston, Wayne and Wilson counties since 1979. Please contact our skilled and friendly attorneys by filling out this online form or calling 919-284-5106.